While last year did not have a lot action in the Green Hell, this year things are looking up, as some manufacturers are attempting a Nürburgring lap record for 2016.
It’s highly likely that these will be among the cars that will attempt a Nürburgring lap record.
- Ferrari LaFerrari: The Italian third of the holy trinity will be one to watch out for.
- Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2: Another Italian contender, this one has a five liter V10 engine.
- Mercedes-AMG GT R: 600+ horsepower and active Aerodynamics might bring us a Nürburgring lap record.
- Acura NSX: The new incarnation of the legendary NSX might surprise us.
- Ford Focus RS: Possibly one of the hottest hatches ever, we are anxious to see it lapping the ‘Ring.
- Koenigsegg One:1: The Megacar from Sweden has yet to set lap record, maybe this year will be it.
- Porsche GT3 RS: It will be interesting how fast the GT3 can be on the Green Hell
- Radical RXC Turbo: a British car with an all American Mustang engine, it’s sure to set a mind boggling lap time
- Honda Civic Type R: The newest iteration of Japan’s iconic hot hatch is more than ready to get the job done in less than 8 minutes.
- Dodge Viper ACR: Although 2016 might be its final year, we expect to see a great performance from this American V10 masterpiece.
Video: Nurburgring Production car record Radical SR8