It might seem like an ordinary 535iS but it isn’t, its powered by a rebuilt and upgraded LS1 V8, backed by a T56 6-speed manual transmission. This LS1 swapped 1987 BMW 535iS was built by Barkell of Classic Daily, and it has Brembo breaks in the front, and E34 M5 rear brakes, H&R springs, new control arms and wheel bearings, and freshly power coated suspension components.
The LS1 engine weighs less than the original inline six, and of course is more powerful around 400 horsepower, and weighs less than 3000 lbs. The car still has its original look and leather interior, and it looks like is up for sale in Virginia. The car has been repainted to its original color during the built, as the previous owner had changed the color to Taiga green, and the car has covered 1500 miles since it was finished and the paintwork has remained in good shape, the only problem are some trim issues on the plastic bumper surrounds. The wheels are 17’’ BMW style 5. As for the lighting it is standard, with the stock fog lights. There is some scratching and scuffing in the black and chrome trim, around the windows and doors. Inside the car has been installed a new crack free dash, and an aftermarket head unit has been fitted. The interior is stock and clean with a red interior. There is some cracking and fading in the upholstery but all in all, it’s a very fresh interior. The OBD-ll diagnostic system is functional and a new odometer drive gear was installed, while the dash was being replaced. There are some stains and fades on the upholstery, and all electric systems are working perfectly. The LS1 has been rebuilt and upgraded to improve the performance. The engine is backed by a T56 6-speed manual transmission, with an MGW short shifter. Other modifications also include:
• 228R cam, LS6 intake, 243 LS6 heads, LS7 lifters
• New pistons, rings, bearings andd all new seals
• Behr radiator, 2x 10″ puller fans
• New oil pump, water pump, thermostat, fuel pump and new hoses throughout
• New belts and pulleys
• New brake master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, oil pressure sensor
• New PCM, custom PCM flash, custom engine wiring harness
• New rear shock mounts
• Custom driveshaft
• Rebuilt rear subframe with 3.25 limited slip differential
• New Magnaflow catalytic converters, Spintech muffler, 25 Manifolds
• Bilstein Sport Shocks, H&R springs, ST Sway Bars
• Custom Motor Mounts
The cars that have been built by Classic Daily are well built in general, and have a dose of awesomeness in them, and this baby makes no exception.